Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekend of Firsts

I ran my first 5k this past weekend!!!! It was really a last minute decision and I probably should have trained for it, but since it was a walk/run I figured this could be my jump start to my "baby weight" workout regimen for the summer.

The run was to raise awareness for Lime Disease, my brothers girlfriend has Lime,so I did it with her and my brother. Surpringly I did pretty good considering I haven't really worked out that much since Dylan, It took me about 40 minutes to finish but I definitely felt very accomplished at the end! It also made me want to train for any upcoming charitable 5k'!!!

I also decided to join Weight Watchers for the first time! I have never really been on a diet plan besides watching what I eat and working out on my own, but Im in my cousins wedding this September, and I want to make sure I fit into the dress, not to mention summer is right around the corner!!!!!






Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing the run!! What an accomplishment! Weight Watchers is great, I have done it several times and it really works :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job Fern!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Kayla looks like such a little girl now...not babyish at all. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete